Archive for the ‘ARCAD Software’ Category
|If you missed our Webinar serie about RTC for IBMi teams, here are recordings for each Webinar in the series:|
If you have any questions about the Webinar series and solutions, just email email@example.com, we look forward to hearing back from you!
After almost 18 years at IBM, I decided to move on and follow a new adventure.
During my”IBM life”, I had the chance to work on great projects with amazing people. Can you believe :
- I started in Nantes, France, working for 3 years on VisualAge for Smalltalk as consultant and level 3 support in Europe.
- Then I joined Raleigh team in North Carolina and worked three 3 years on VisualAge MicroEdition, the Eclipse IDE ancestor.
- Back in France, I worked 5 years as Eclipse/eRCP committer providing support on the IBM Embedded Java, alias J9.
- In 2006, during the EclipseCon event in San Franscisco, CA, I retrieved some good OTI/IBM friends of mine, Erich Gamma, Jean-Michel Lemieux and John Wiegand, who were demonstrating a new amazing development platform name Jazz, then renamed Rational Team Concert. Three month later, my friend Paul Vanderlei setup in a team named the “Jazz Jumspart team” and invited me to join 2 talented guys : Jim D’Anjou, from the West Coast, Steve Wasleski from the East Coast, as the representative of this team in Europe…
- After 6 year in this team, I was so enthusiastic about Rational Team Concert, that another good friend of mine, Philippe Bauquel, offered me the position of Development Manager to push Agile and RTC best practices inside an amazing team, the Rational Programming Patterns team. I worked in this team for more than 2 years.
Today, I decided to look for other great projects, but this time, outside of IBM. I’m joining an IBM Partner, ARCAD Software, which offered me a great position as their VP of Professional Services.
This organization is building development tools for IBMi / RPG developers. They decided to complete their tool suite with RTC (ARCAD pack for Rational) and they would like to leverage their skills in RTC when it is running on IBMi platform. This is another great challenge for me: new platform, new team, new customers but same passion: IDEs (: Integrated Development Environment).
Actually, while I was doing my master degree I already wanted to build an IDE on LOGO for kids. Since then, I worked on some major IDEs: Smalltalk, Eclipse and RTC. So, APR (Arcad Pack for Rational) is just another great IDE what I will be able to add to my career path…
So wish me good luck! 😉